Friday 6 July 2018

Cosmetic products I recommend!



I am not exactly a high maintenance woman. I don't wear make-up...ever, and even moisturising is an effort for me - mainly because I am as lazy as they come. However, I do have some basic skincare/cosmetic products that I use and think are worthy of a recommendation - so here they are.

I hope these give you some inspiration, and maybe helps you if you are stuck with what to buy for your own skin and want to try something different!

SANEX SHOWER GEL



Coming from a family of sensitive skin sufferers, I try to be quite careful with what I use. My sister actually introduced me to the Sanex brand. It is fairly expensive stuff, but it really helps to keep your skin smooth, soft and less irritated. Sanex's products are all fragerence-free and pride themselves on being very kind to your skin.


SIMPLE SHOWER GEL



Simple is another brand that bases itself off of the idea that it is very basic and gentle on your skin. They have a range of skin care products that are also a must try if you are prone to skin irritation.


FEMFRESH DAILY INTIMATE WASH



This is where you might get a little squeamish, but care for your private parts is essential!

Even though lady parts are actually self-cleaning, it can be good to give it an extra helping hand every once in a while. I find this product is a godsend when I have finished my period each month and am feeling a bit worse for wear 'down there'. 

Again, I'm not suggesting you use this every time you shower (a rinse with warm water usually suffices), but rather as something for every now and again when you want an extra freshen up.


TIGI BED HEAD COLOUR GODDESS OIL INFUSED SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER



If you, like me, have coloured hair, you may find that hair washes mean your colour fades very quickly. TIGI Bed Head has really helped me maintain my colour for longer. It also smells great, we are currently using one that smells just like toffee.

Again, it is pretty expensive, but there is a quality there that arguably justifies that extra investment if you can afford it.


MITCHUM FRESH ANTI-PERSPIRANT & DEODORANT SPRAY



I have struggled a bit in the past with finding a anti-perspirant/deodorant that is strong enough to keep me fresh throughout the entire day. (I suppose I am smellier than average haha!)

Mitchum has served me quite well so far, and seems stronger than a lot of the other brands. I am currently using the men's version because I bought it by mistake...but hey, I'd rather that than B.O....

I am still open to deodorant suggestions though, if anyone has any!


E45 MOISTURISING LOTION



As aforementioned, I find moisturising a bit of a pain. As a result, I go the the most 'no nonsense' version I can find.

What I like about E45 moisturiser is that you can use it all over - face, body, neck etc. You can also find it in pump bottles, meaning it's extra quick to use.

It does have a slight 'medicinal cream' smell, but if you can get over that, you have a simple moisturiser that does it's job.


TOLYMOLY SHEET FACE MASKS



If you read my blogs or watch my videos (thanks!), you may have heard me talk about Korean skincare products before. South Korea is where it's at for all things skin, and I personally really like their plethora of sheet masks.

TONYMOLY is a brand well known for it's super cute and quirky packaging which, I won't lie, is probably what enticed me to them in the first place!

Their sheet face masks are fairly cheap online and are a great way to take some time to pamper yourself. Plus, it is so easy to do, even I can do it!

PRONTOLIND PIERCING SPRAY



This is an extra if you have any piercings anywhere that you want to clean. Cleaning piercings can be really fiddly and, generally, just a pain in the bum. With this saline spray though, you can give each piercing a quick spritz and a wipe with a cotton pad and there you have it. 

If you have a new piercing, I also suggest getting yourself some piercing healing oil to drip onto the piercing before bed each night. It can help it heal faster and keeps things lubricated.


BURT'S BEES BEESWAX LIP BALM



Burt's Bees are another great company that are worth supporting. As the name suggests, they use beeswax in their products along with other, all-natural ingredients. The use of beeswax and honey can help the bee population thrive as companies put more investment into bee farming.

I understand that this may be a point of contention for vegan consumers, but it is about seeing which side you lean towards here.

If you are on the side of buying though,it is worth looking at the many cute gift sets the company produce. This is another brand on the more expensive side, but the quality is great.


EOS LIP BALM



This is also a great lip balm that works really well. It also comes in a well-known, ball shape which makes it really easy to carry around in your bag (but also to knock off your bedside table...grr).


MARC JACOBS - DOT: EAU DE PARFUM




This was an uncharacteristic indulgence for me! I smelled this perfume while sniffing samples in the Boots perfume section (that sounds weird, doesn't it?!)

Anyway, I loved the smell of this one and decided to treat myself. I use it sparingly - only giving myself a spritz every now and again.

I would actually like to try some other Marc Jacobs perfumes in the future.



Where can I buy these?
The vast majority of these products are available online (especially Amazon). You can also find these products in most pharmacies and cosmetic shops, some in supermarkets.


===

Obvious disclaimer:
Of course, every person is different, and the products that work for me may not work for you. Please be sensible and do what is right for your individual skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment