Saturday 6 October 2018

[E-MAG ARTICLE] TONYMOLY Pocket Bunny Perfume Bar Review



[This article is part of the UnitedKpop Autumn 2018 E-magazine. 
You can read it here.]

I was lucky enough to go on a trip to South Korea back in June. One thing I noticed, but was not all too suprised by, was the sheer number of cosmetics shops. South Korea means business when it comes to beauty and skincare, of course. This was very evident with the shelves upon shelves of cosmetic products, through which I aimlessly wandered. From face masks and creams to lipsticks and blushers – there’s everything you could want.



Through the plethora of shops, I came across a TONYMOLY store. I really like this brand, having bought many products from them before. I think the products are accessible, even for someone like me who knows the bare minimum about beauty. They also run at fairly affordable prices, not to mention the super cute packaging!

It was here that I came across Pocket Bunny Perfume Bars. As with most TONYMOLY things, I was first attracted to the sweet packaging. The bars came in a pack of three different types: Bebe Bunny, Juicy Bunny and Bloom Bunny. These bars of perfume are designed to be swiped over your body to give you a nice, delicate fragrance. They are designed like a chunky lip balm stick. You remove the lid, twist the bottom and the bar rises up – ready to be used.




GOOD 


  • Though I have only used one scent – Bloom Bunny (I gave the others as gifts), the fragrance itself is nice.
  • It is really easy and quick to use, and comes in a portable size. It’s perfect for popping in a bag and applying/re-applying throughout the day.
  • I have used it quite a lot and there is still a fair amount left. Good value for money.
  • As always, such cute and unusual packaging from TONYMOLY. Great to give as little gifts. They were very well received by my friends. 


BAD


  • The scent is not that strong. This is more of a plus for me, because I prefer to wear more muted scents (as opposed to ones that jump down your throat and make you choke!) However, this might not be wanted by many, you may find yourself re-applying throughout the day to reinforce the smell.
  • The staying power is not spectacular. Towards the end of a day of wear, you can only really detect the scent when you put your nose close to your skin.
  • Though it is the perfect size for portability, it would be nice to get more of a bar within it. You don’t need to twist the bottom much before you get to the end.
  •  Looking at prices online, they are slightly expensive for what they are.


OVERALL 

This is a fun and unusual product that does its job quite well. It also makes a really sweet, little gift. However, it is probably not something you would buy regularly and is slightly over-priced.

3.5 out of 5 stars 
You can buy them online on Amazon, eBay and YesStyle. All three are usually around £15 and a single is about £5.

No comments:

Post a Comment